Cocoa butter is a favorite product of people all over the world. It is the main ingredient of most chocolates. This natural ointment is extracted from cocoa beans and has been used for years as part of toiletries, medicine, and cosmetics.
Cocoa butter is known worldwide as "Theobroma," meaning "Food of the Gods." Cocoa butter is a common ingredient in skin care products because of its therapeutic properties. For centuries people in Africa have used cocoa butter to moisturize their skin, which is exposed to the harsh sun and wind influences.
Probably many of you already use cocoa butter in your everyday life. "Naturial" offers you a proven recipe for home-made ointment to help deep hydration of your skin.
Home-made cream with cocoa butter and coconut oil
Cocoa butter is a great, natural humectant that melts at room temperature. The high content of fatty acids in cocoa butter leads to deep hydration. One of the best ways to help moisturize your skin is by making a home-made ointment using the following recipe:
- ½ cup of cocoa butter
- ½ cup of organic coconut oil
- ½ cup of almond oil
- 20 drops of lavender essential oil.
Method of preparation:
1. Mix all ingredients except essential oil.
2. Melt all ingredients together at medium temperature and mix constantly.
3. Remove from the hotplate and allow the mixture to cool slightly.
4. Add the essential oil.
5. Place the mixture in the refrigerator for about an hour to allow it to harden slightly.
6. Remove the mixture and mix with a hand mixer for about ten minutes.
7. Return to the refrigerator for about fifteen minutes.
8. Store the ointment in a glass jar with a lid in a cool place.